Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vintage project: Polka dotted


Altering vintage is definitely my favorite past time. I love turning old frumpy clothing into a more modern outfit. This is probably my favorite vintage alteration. It think it’s because my alteration skills are more efficient and a little less messy. I  still need to take sewing classes but I think I am getting good at this altering stuff. This polka dot jumpsuit had a very wide leg which I altered to make it more modern. The top portion was a bit frumpy since it had no style to it all. It was too conservative for my liking. So I cut the sleeves into one sleeve and sewed the lining back on. I love how it turned out and now I have a polka dot attire just like what can be seen on fashion runways.


On me:
Vintage polka dot jumpsuit, Uniquethriftstore.com
Black suede floppy hat, $36.00 zara stores
Jessica Simpson Dany in white, $120.00 amazon.com

The before and after picture


As seen on runways


No comments:

Post a Comment